Configurations to Collect Messages and Write to File
Created 2003-04-04 by Wajih-ur-Rehman.
I want to have WinSyslog acting as a Central Server such that it
can accept Syslog Messages and log them to a file. What
configurations should i make?
You will create the following configuration settings for WinSyslog that will be acting as the central server for collecting all the
- Right click on "Services" node and add "Syslog Server". A new node will be added under the Services node. Click on this newly added node and change the settings according to your requirements.
- When you install WinSyslog, it creates one RuleSet automatically. Right click on it, go to Rules and add a new Rule. You will see a new Rule under the Rule Set.
- When you expand this newly created Rule, you will see two nodes under it. One is "Filter Condition" (by default, "No Filter" is selected.) and the other is "Actions".
- Right click on Actions, and add "Write to File" action. and set the settings.
- Go back to the Service that you created in Step 1 and make sure
that the RuleSet under which you have defined your own Rule in step 2 is
attached to the service that you created in first step