EventReporter 6.3 Released
Adiscon today announced the immediate availability of the EventReporter 6.3 release. This is primarily a maintenance release, but it comes with new functionality. The following things are new:
- New Actions Added
- PlaySound Action can play a wave file once or more often.
- Send to Communications Port send any message to a configured Serial or Printer port.
- New Options Added - In Database Logging and Send Email Action.
- Skinning Feature Added - By default 5 new fresh skins are installed and can be
selected. We have also created a gif animation which cycles the same EventReporter Client view in all
Skins. Click here to see!
- Cloning Feature Added - You can clone a Ruleset, a Rule, an Action or a Service
with one mouse click.
- Enhanced Client
- EventReporter Client Wizards has been enhanced for creating Actions, Services and RuleSets.
- Enhaced the filter form. Filters are automatically updated. and other minute changes.
- Introduced the "Property Replacer" and enhanced it features. The property replacer is a generic
component that allows you to merge properties from the event processed to e.g. the email subject line
or a log file line. It is a central component that is used as often in the product as possible. The idea
behind the property replacer is that there is often need to specify a value from the event
- Increased Useability - Minor other EventReporter Client enhancments to increase
- Stability - Minor other stability changes.
- Bug Fixes
- Problems with files larger then 4 GB in the Filelogging Action - When you restarted the
EventReporter, those files were overwritten from the beginning.
- The password in the database action view was not saved if encryption was not enabled.
- In the File Logging action it could cause high CPU usage when Custom Fileformat was used.
- In ODBC write which always persisted the NTSeverity as a constant value (4) to the database.