MonitorWare Agent 1.0 Release Candidate 1 Released
Adiscon today announced MonitorWare Agent 1.0 Release Candidate 1 (RC1).
This version has been enhanced based on user feedback on Beta 2. There are some
bug fixes, as well as a number of important improvements:
- Added new services:
SETP (Simple Event Transfer Protocol): Allows reliable delivery of events
between SETP supporting systems.
File Monitor: Is purpose to gather vital information that is stored in
system text files (Like IIS Website Logfiles)
- Added improved and better help support.
- dramatically improved performance for the ODBC and file write actions
- the email forwarder now works on a timeout. If multiple events are to be forwarded by email within a short period of time (a few seconds), these can be combined into a single email message. This is configurable.
- Added the SETP forwarder
- Full RFC 3164 message parsing added
- New timestamp with the date/time originally reported added
- support for sending XML formatted message format for email and file logging.
- Timestamps can now be written in UTC format into the ODBC database
- New text log file options. Including WebTrends compatible format and a raw syslog format that is required by some other syslog file readers.
- Improved help system – now available as standard Windows HTML Help.
- Add remote Configuration support in the MonitorWare Agent Client.
MonitorWare Agent 1.0 RC1 is a free download found at
Adiscon's web site. Interested users should download and try out the
version. Please note that even though it is a release candidate, there might be
some bugs in the code. We recommend using it on test systems, only.