MonitorWare Agent 1.1 Release Candidate 1 Released
Adiscon today announced MonitorWare Agent 1.1 Release Candidate 1 (RC1).
This version has been enhanced based on user feedback on Version 1.0. There are some
bug fixes, as well as a number of important improvements:
- Added new services:
NT ServiceMonitor - Allows you to monitor all local NT Services. Generates
an event for each service which is not started (But set to start
DiskSpace Monitor - Monitors all local hard disk partitions. Can be used for
statistics or to alert if disk space is low.
- Save Shutdown - If you stop the Monitorware Agent Service, it will first
process all messages in its queue. Even if it takes more time then one
- Added replacement characters in the Start Program Action (The same as in
the Send Email Action)
- Added debug support - you can now enable debug output into a file.
- Enhanced File-Logging - It's now possible to write into the same file with
multiple File-logging actions. Also you can open the file using notepad or
another text editor while the Agent is writing into it.
- Removed bug in the Client - After connecting to a remote machine,
the Client sometimes was frozen. This is corrected now.
- Removed bug in EventLog Monitor - Large Eventlog entries could cause the
Agent to crash. This is corrected now.
- Added support for SMTP Authentication - You can now use SMTP
Authentication for Email delivery
- Windows XP enhancements - The configuration client uses the new
visual style's from Windows XP.
MonitorWare Agent 1.1 RC1 is a free download found at
Adiscon's web site. Interested users should download and try out the
version. Please note that even though it is a release candidate, there might be
some bugs in the code. We recommend using it on test systems, only.