MonitorWare Agent 1.1 Released
Adiscon today announced the immediate availability of MonitorWare Agent 1.1.
- New NT Service Monitor - Allows monitoring all local NT services.
Generates an event for each service which is not started but set to start
- New Disk Space Monitor - Monitors all local hard disk partitions.
Can be used for statistics or to alert if disk space is low.
- German and French are now available consistently throughout the
- Much improved Japanese language support. The output encoding (EUC,
JIS, SJIS) can now be selected for email and syslog forward actions.
- Incoming message can now be filtered based on a lower, higher or equal
syslog priority. Previously, only an exact match was supported. This
greatly simplifies rule creation in common scenarios.
- Replacement characters are now supported in the "Start
Program" action. This allows e.g. to pass the source system or
message content to an external program.
- Improved syslog over TCP receiver - offers greater compatibility
and more options.
- Support for debugging complex rule bases (log file can be written)
- Interactive Syslog Server can now be instructed not to scroll incoming
messages as they arrive - often requested to save client machine
- New exclude filters based on message content (all previous versions
supported include filters, only)
- Support for SMTP authentication added
- File logger does now allow concurrent reads and writes to the log file.
So it can be reviewed e.g. with notepad while it is constantly being
- Support for Windows XP visual styles added.
- Database schema change to capture new data and provide seamless
interaction with upcoming changes and new products like the new web
interface or the MonitorWare console.
- Enhanced Web Access based on the former web interface now part of
the core product.
- General stability updates
MonitorWare Agent 1.1 is a free download found at
Adiscon's web site. Registered users please note that the 1.0 license key
remains valid for version 1.1.