MonitorWare Agent x64 Edition Rolling Beta released
Adiscon today announced the first x64 based Version of MonitorWare Agent
Rolling Beta. This is an important step forward in the development of
MonitorWare Agent. We can now benefit from the new possibilities the x64
platform gives us.
Currently there are two Rolling Beta setups available. One for the win32
platform (which also runs on x64) and one for the x64 platform which runs
native on x64 systems. For more detailed information's see the
Forum Thread. At the moment you can NOT
cross update between this versions. If you want to upgrade a running win32 installation with the x64
will have to follow these instructions:
- Backup the MWAgent registry settings by using the MonitorWare Agent
Client (do not use BINARY format!)
- Uninstall MonitorWare Agent using Add/Remove programs
- Install the x64 Edition of MonitorWare Agent
- Import your settings by double-clicking the previous saved registry file.
- Start the MonitorWare Agent Client, check if the MonitorWare Agent is
running and review the Eventlog for possible error's.
In order to make the migration from Win32 to x64 as painless as possible, the
x64 Version of MonitorWare Agent does use the same registry hive to store and
read it's configuration as the Win32 version. Also note that there are not many
ODBC drivers which work in x64 native mode, however MonitorWare Agent was
successfully tested with the SQL Native ODBC Driver.
As written above, you will find more Information's and the Download link in the