MonitorWare Agent 6.0 Released
Adiscon is proud to announce the 6.0 release of MonitorWare Agent.
This is a major release including new features and minor bugfixes. The most important
- Windows 2008 Server support - full support for Windows Server
2008 has been added, including the ability to emulate old-style event log
properties which are no longer available in the new event logging system.
Please note that this also enhanced event log monitor V2 operations under
- greatly improved web interface - which enables many more
searching and analysis options
- Custom event logs are now also supported in the "write event log"
- RELP protocol support - the "Reliable Event Logging Protocol" is
a next-generation protocol for reliable delivery of network event
- Improved NetApp Filer support - now NetApp's real-time event
logging API emulation is fully supported.
- Enhanced event log monitor - now containing additional properties
and capabilities (like processing events based on a checksum and generating
unique record IDs)
- enhanced internationalization - the core engine now
supports UTF8 and UTF16 in many more places, including ForwardSyslog,
WriteFile and SendEMail actions.
- multi-encoding support for InterActive SyslogViewer -
added support for
additional encodings when exporting syslog messages into a file.
- simplified IP-based filtering - which enables matching based on
- improved automation support - the configuration client program
can bow be used to batch-import xml-based configuration files, which si very
useful in unattended, fully-automated setups.
For more details read the version history
Version 6.0 is a free
download, but requires a
version 6 key.
Customers with existing 5.x keys can contact our Sales department for upgrade prices. If you have a valid Upgrade Insurance ID, you can request a free new key by sending your Upgrade Insurance ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the download enables the free 30-day trial version if used without a key - so you can right now go ahead and