WinSyslog 5.2 Final
Release Date: 2004-06-01
Adiscon today announced the immediate availability of the WinSyslog 5.2 release. This is primarily a maintenance release, but it comes with new functionality. The following things are new:
- New Actions Added
- PlaySound Action can play a wave file once or more often.
- Send to Communications Port send any message to a configured Serial or Printer
- Post Process Action allows you to re-parse a message after it has been processed.
- New Options Added - In Database Logging and Send Email Action.
- Skinning Feature Added - By default 5 new
fresh skins are installed and can be selected. We have also created a gif animation which cycles
the same WinSyslog Client view in all Skins: Click here to see!
- Cloning Feature Added - You can clone a Ruleset, a Rule, an Action or a Service
with one mouse click.
- Enhanced Client
- WinSyslog Client Wizards has been enhanced for creating Actions, Services and
- Enhaced the filter form. Filters are automatically updated. and other minute changes.
- Introduced the "Property Replacer" and enhanced it features. The property replacer is a
generic component that allows you to merge properties from the event processed to e.g. the email
subject line or a log file line. It is a central component that is used as often in the product
as possible. The idea behind the property replacer is that there is often need to specify a value
from the event processed.
- Increased Useability - Minor other WinSyslog Client enhancments to
increase it's useablility.
- Stability - Minor other stability changes.
- Bug Fixes
- Problems with files larger then 4 GB in the Filelogging Action - When you restarted the
WinSyslog, those files were overwritten from the beginning.
- The Database Action (And maybe others as well) could fail with an unknown error (EventID
114) when the SETP Server received messages from older Clients. This has been corrected now.
- The password in the database action view was not saved if encryption was not enabled.
- In the File Logging action it could cause high CPU usage when Custom Fileformat was used.
- In ODBC write which always persisted the NTSeverity as a constant value (4) to the database.