D-Link Routers DI-804V and DI-704P - Syslog Support
Syslog on a D-Link DI-804V VPN Router can simply be enabled using the router's web interface. Follow these steps:
This information partly also applies to the D-Link DI-704P Router; You can also use the web interface and follow these steps:
- In the top navigation bar of your router's web interface, click on Advanced Settings
- Select Administration Settings on the left side navigation bar.
- Under "SYSTEM Log" click on Enable System Log Function
- Enter the IP address of the syslog daemon.
- Press Submit to update the router
But beware, since the DI-704P has a Denial of Service vulnerability.
More information on www.securityfocus.com.
- In the web interface, click on the Status tab
- enter the IP of the syslog daemon
- and check enable.
Still problems enabling syslog? Find the solution in our
forum or post a question there!
Syslog messages generated by these products can be received
by MonitorWare Agent and
All information in this section is to the best of our knowledge but without warrenty of
any kind. This is free information - use it at your sole risk.
[Back to Syslog Enabled